‘Since the scheme started I have been thrilled to watch people come to us with no knowledge, past experience or qualifications, and then go into roles such as assistant house stewards, events and marketing officers, Heritage Lottery Fund project managers, rangers and gardeners at the end of their year’s training using the Heritage Skills Passport.’
Passport to your Future
Sharing the knowledge with the National Trust and wider heritage industry
The programme manager cascaded learning about skills development and recruitment processes to reach groups under-represented in the heritage industry by attending and presenting at the following events:
- Heritage Lottery Fund project managers’ meeting.
- Presentation on recruitment processes.
- Presentation on website.
- Contributions at other meetings about recruitment.
- Heritage Lottery Fund internal staff – on recruitment processes to increase diversity.
- Volunteer Managers from the Wildlife Trust – on recruitment processes to increase diversity.
- Hampshire County Council and Hampshire Job Centre Plus – a presentation on recruitment processes.
- Meeting between representatives of Industrial, Maritime and Transport Heritage organisations and the Heritage Lottery Fund – a brief summary of the skills needs the Trust had, the approach they took giving an outline of the passport methodology and the approach to recruiting for diversity.
- British Museum – Recruiting for diversity seminar delivered to staff from partner museums.
- Meetings between Programme Manager and British Museum consultant.
- Networking with Heritage Lottery Fund project managers in London.
- World Skills – four-day international skills conference in London.
- Royal Shakespeare Company – a presentation on recruitment and skills development.
- The British Museum regularly talked to the programme manager and asked for recruitment advice.
- A day event at Heelis in Swindon for National Trust headquarters’ staff on the delivery of heritage skills.
- A stall at the National Grid “Working Together” conference showcasing best practice of employing people with additional needs.
- Charity Evaluation Services – presentation at the training session on putting together an Innovation History.
Scroll through our video gallery and hear their stories
© National Trust 2015 | Contact us |
If you have had difficulties using this website, please contact Jane Smyth on email@example.com